Fight Hair Loss with Renew Health & Wellness
Struggling with thinning hair or hair loss? Renew Health & Wellness can help with a non-surgical, natural, yet effective treatment: platelet-rich plasma treatments, or PRP.
What is PRP Treatment?
PRP treatment is a non-surgical alternative medical procedure used to treat hair loss or hair thinning due to androgenic alopecia (common baldness). The treatment involves withdrawing a sample of the patient’s own blood, processing it so only the PRP growth factors remain, and administer it into the problem areas of thinning to stimulate natural hair growth.
PRP has been found to be effective in triggering the body’s natural regenerative processes, stimulating dormant hair follicles to once again produce healthy strands of hair. PRP is produced through an extraction process, from your own blood cells. This powerful regenerative substance is then meticulously injected into your scalp at various intervals to stimulate the hair follicles.
What Can I Expect During My PRP Treatments?
First, our doctors evaluate your scalp and hair during an initial consultation. Then, they work with you to develop a customized hair restoration treatment plan.
The procedure begins with a blood draw from the patient, in a similar quantity to a routine blood test. The blood is then placed into a centrifuge, where it is spun to separate the red blood cells from the plasma, which is rich in growth factors that naturally stimulate the regrowth of dormant hair follicles. The PRP is administered below the surface of the scalp through a series of tiny injections.
Your treatment plan varies depending on your unique needs, but most patients require several sessions four weeks apart. We may apply a topical anesthetic or recommend pain medications before the procedure to enhance your comfort. The entire procedure is relatively painless and usually takes about 30 minutes.
You may notice improvements shortly after your treatment, but optimal results typically occur after two or three treatments.
What Makes PRP Effective?
- Platelet-Derived Growth Factor (PDGF): Promotes blood vessel growth, cell replication, skin formation
- Transforming Growth-Factor-Beta (TGF-b): Promotes growth of matrix between cells, bone metabolism
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF): Promotes blood vessel formation
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): Promotes cell growth and differentiation, blood vessel formation, collagen formation
- Fibroblast Growth Factor-2 (FGF-2): Promotes the development of specialized cells and blood vessel formation
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF): A regulator of normal physiology in nearly every type of cell in the body
Learn More About Hair Restoration